Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Why should I do about my eyes?

I've never had any eye problems before, until yesterday. I'm only 17, and I went yesterday to get a physical for a sport I play. Everything was fine until I took the eye exam. The fourth and fifth rows were both where it started to get blurry, and I ended up failing the test apparently at first. She made me retake it, and said she would pass me if I went to see an actual eye doctor. I'm not freaked out over this is just confusing. I've always been told I have 20/20, and I repeat never have any trouble seeing things or reading long distance. My mom said she didn't start wearing glasses til she was my age. That would calm me, but she now has very bad cataracts in both eyes. I don't think she is taking me seriously about setting up an appointment as soon as she can. I'm honestly not quite sure what I'm asking. I'm just a little confused considering this is the first time I've ever had issues with my vision. I mean I can read perfectly fine, and have not had trouble seeing things far away or up close. I think it might be how often I never wear sunglasses and how often I look at my iPhone. I stare at it many hours each day, and even stay up late late at night in the dark staring at it close to my face. So maybe over time I have developed Mysopia, or strained vision maybe? If it helps my Dad has always had great Vision, and still didn't start wearing reading glass until recently at age 45. All 4 of my grandparents wear glasses as well, but they are well over the age of 70.

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/why-should-i-do-about-my-eyes.html