Monday, May 13, 2013

I caught my fiance registered on a dating site. What should I do?

My fiance and I have been together for 1 year now. And 6 months ago I proposed to her, and she accepted. She moved in my place at that time, and everything has been the best. I could not believe that it could possibly get any better. I love her more than anything, and think she does me as well… at least that's what I THINK.

My problem is that I have just "accidentally" got into her iPhone, and looked up the history on her internet browsing, and discovered something that completely knocked the wind out of my sail! She had forgotten to log out of a dating site! Her profile looked like this:

seek4ever (user name)
Are you ready to settle down? (Introduction)
Do you want a happy family with a serious person?

Of course, she did not post a picture, and lied about her birthdate, like most do, but she had registered as looking for "men for serious relationship, or marriage".

When I confronted her, she denied it flat out… at least for the first 5 minutes of the confrontation. Then, after I showed her on her own phone, she quickly spun it to: "Oh, I did that to see if you were checking up on me, or if you trusted me"! REALLY??? I am in my 40's, and not near as $#&$ stupid as I look. I have a 4 year BS degree.

I then proceeded to tell her that was the oldest trick in the book… try to pin it back on the other person while you smoke and mirror… aka: PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!

I also found out she had been emailing a couple of guys within the first days of joining the site. One gentleman even said something like: "I don't know, maybe if we fell in love, I could move to the state you are from?"

The problem is this: I know people make mistakes, and screw up sometimes. Hell, I sure have been there. I am also a very forgiving person. But she will not admit to doing it for any other reason than to "TRICK" me into finding it on my own and spying on her. I told her that she was welcome to follow me, gave her all my passwords to gmail, emails, phone lock, etc. I WOULD WELCOME, AND ENCOURAGE SOMEONE TO CHECK ON ME, BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!!!

I would like to forgive and forget, and try to salvage our relationship, but I am having great difficulty in accepting this, especially in light of us just being engaged. She has been married twice, niether of which lasted more than 5 years. Would I be foolish to believe she would never do it again, or not?

Any advice would be appreciated.

См. статью: I caught my fiance registered on a dating site. What should I do?