Monday, June 10, 2013

What's the big attraction to iPhones? - 1

Having never been able to afford an iPhone, my first smartphone was a Sony Ericsson Android and I loved it. I've since had many newer androids and 4 different tablets, all of which I have had many hours of fun and productivity, always finding something new.

However, I've recently got a new job which comes with a company phone. I was asked if I wanted a Blackberry or iPhone so I chose the iPhone as, from what understood it, it is the king of all phones and finally I would get to be part of the iPhone phenomena.

So I was given a brand new iPhone 4S two weeks ago. First impressions, it's good looking, weighty and feels really good quality. Then I turned it on and set it up…..
That's where my disappointments began. Yeah, the display is good and it has a good camera, but is that it? The Apps Store is rubbish compared to Google's Play store. I can't do half the useful things I can do on my Android, even plugging it into the PC is frustrating and cumbersome when it comes to moving and copying data/media, it's just not simple and is so restrictive! I can't manage my files from within the phone.i. e.explore the file structure. The list goes on-and-on. I know I could jailbreak, but I couldn't be bothered, plus it's a company phone.

So, what's the big deal with iPhones? Am I missing something? Please, tell me?

I'm just glad my employer didn't give me the choice of an Android too like the Sony Ericsson Xperia Z…. because I would be SOOO upset if I realized I'd opted for this boring iPhone instead of an awesome Android.

См. статью: What's the big attraction to iPhones? - 1