Friday, December 27, 2013

Am I wrong (or even selfish) for thinking I should have gotten something?

My 40th birthday and Hanukkah both fell in November. My mother said she wanted to get me an iPhone as a gift as both my birthday and Hanukkah included because it was so expensive (okay no problem)…our family also does Elfster, which is like a pollyanna and each of us is drawn a family member's name and we have to get them a $50 gift…well this year it turned out that Mom got me and when it came time for everyone to give out their gifts, she was proud to say her's was included in her beautiful Hanukkah gift I already got, my iPhone…

(now this was not a cheap gift…it cost to activate the phone, she got me a case and the Apple care insurance for 2 years)…but that was supposed to be my special 40th birthday gift and Hanukkah only I was under the impression…

so I just sat there and held up my iPhone for my family to see…not that they haven't seen one before, I think they all have them even my nieces…

I spent some time on Elfster picking out gifts I would have been happy to receive (we have to give ideas to our family members)…

So anyway, I was disappointed…it was my one "guaranteed" gift I knew I was getting…if my mom had been drawn any other family member she would have had to buy them a $50 gift…so to me, my Hanukkah gift and Pollyanna gift should not be considered one and the same? Am I wrong…am I being selfish?

My mom gives me a lot throughout the year…so it has nothing to do with $50…it's just the idea of being handed another gift…I hardly get any gifts throughout the year and it just would have been nice…

I just want other's opinions if you do a family pollyanna, is that separate from everything else? I'm just hurt my mother thought they were one and the same and want to know if I am just selfish:(

Читать далее: Am I wrong (or even selfish) for thinking I should have gotten something?