Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Are these good gifts from my children? - 1

In an earlier question, I asked what to get my two daughters for Christmas on a tight budget of $100 (spending $50 each on them.) We are poor and we live paycheck to paycheck so that is the best I could do plus this is the first time in 5 years that I bought them gifts on a special occasion since we could never afford it.

My daughter Lexi (age 14): She has a babysitting job every Saturday and has saved up to buy herself an Iphone 5 so we aren't going to buy her a cellphone. Even though we are poor, she likes to dress well and keep herself looking good by wearing makeup and getting her nails done. She loves clothes and shoes but doesn't have much; about 10 short sleeves, 8 long sleeves, 3 blue jeans, 2 jackets, 2 yoga pants, 2 skirts, 3 dresses, 2 cardigans, 1 hoodie, 2 pairs of boots brown and black, one pair of knock off converses, and 2 pairs of sandals. We usually get clothes and shoes at yard sales but we want to look for nice but cheap clothes at thrift shops but I don't know where to look. She loves to read books and is very artistic and creative and loves to create DYI projects and draw/paint.
My daughter Jessie (age 6): Jessie: She loves clothes as well and has the about the same amount of clothes as her sister. I wanna look for some cheap but pretty clothes for her too. She loves to play with baby dolls and barbies but only has about 2 baby dolls and 1 barbie and 1 ken and really wants some kind of barbie house. She also loves to read and enjoys playing house and outside.
I got Lexi: Twilight and Harry Potter Series. She hasn't read those yet. 4 Hollister sweaters, 4 Hollister short sleeves, 2 jeans, and a pair of grey boots. A drawing set with a sketch pad and a bunch of makeup from dollar store.
I got Jessie: Some clothes from thrift store, a Barbie dream house with a Barbie and Ken, a house that you can set up outside that I got donated to me from the church and some baby dolls and a baby doll high chair and a baby doll set with fake baby food, bib, and bottles.
Are these good gifts? Surprisingly, I have about $10 left over to buy for them so any other extra gifts advice I could get for them would be nice!

Читать далее: Are these good gifts from my children? - 1