Wednesday, February 19, 2014

How to legally get money that is owed to by someone?

I got this guy that owes me $210. He's my buddies roommate and back in June we had all went out on the boat on the river. While I was standing on the Back of the boat he pushed me into the river with my iPhone 4s in my pocket after I loudly proclaimed do not push me in the water, needless to say that it caused my phone to not work anymore. I told him that he was gonna buy me a new phone and he said he would. Well its been about 7 months now and he still hasn't paid me because he "doesn't have the money" even tho he's had money to go on two trips (one to Chicago and one to Mississippi) and has money to go out drinking every other weekend. Ive called him and text him about getting my money or I will take legal action. My question is what type of legal action do I have here?
Added (1). If I file in small claims court then who would be responsible for court costs? I don't see in any way how I would be responsible for them and I honestly could care less if we are still friends…

Читать далее: How to legally get money that is owed to by someone?