Wednesday, April 9, 2014

New BT broadband is really slow?

We just recently switched from Sky to BT broadband (not my idea) and it's been active for five days now, but it's still very slow.

I am using mainly WiFi on my laptop and iPhone and it's just irritating.
When I'm on my iPhone, it's taking a long time to send Facebook messages. I getting the sound that I've got a new message, but it takes several seconds for it to appear. When using other social media sites, they're taking a loooong time to load, if they ever do.

On the laptop, the same is happening with the lagging messages. When I open a site running java, it freezes for a few seconds whenever I go to a new tab.

It's very irritating. BT said this would happen for a few days while the hub finds its best connection, but it's been almost a week now.

Any ideas?

Read more: New BT broadband is really slow?