Sunday, August 17, 2014

Have i been scammed on ebay? If so, what do i do?

I bought an iphone on ebay-it was a really good deal. I paid thru paypal, &the seller said she sent it out express. When asking for the tracking#, i sent about 4 emails, all of which didn't get replied to. I contacted ebay for an 'info request' her phone number was incorrect &when she updated her details, it was again wrong. I then got her house# thru ebay. It was her grandmum, who said 'oh, was this a phone? Did you get it cheap?' she said she'll get back to me. She did &said that her granddaughter was in hospital and hasn't used her ebay acc cuz was hacked a month ago (as in the listing was made by a scammer).
I think its a lil strange as she didn't tell me beforehand her granddaughter was in hospital and she also knew about the phone when we 1st spoke. Maybe she realised she sold the phone 2 cheap (450$, new iphone 5s 64GB) &is trying to get out of it?
I know i cant force her to sell it to me, but rlly was looking forward to receiving it, as have been looking for a good deal for a while (i x afford to pay much, as im a student).
Does it make sense that her acc was hacked? If yes, has the money gone into the ebayers acc or the hackers? If it has gone into the hackers, can i still recover my$? If it is the ebayer trying to get out of the sale, is there a way to get her to send the item to me? If not, does anyone know the easiest way to recover my$? Also, if this doesn't work out-does anyone know where i could get a good $ iph.5s from, that is legit?
Thx4 lasting til now:)

Read more: Have i been scammed on ebay? If so, what do i do?