Monday, August 18, 2014

If Barclays cancelled my credit card, can I apply for a new one?

Around December barclays cancelled my credit card when I reported fraud had been done on it at my local branch. They told me this with a letter in the post. All was well and good but they didn't reissue me with a new one or anything.

It was an under 16's child allowance account by the way. Now I'm 16 so if I applied for a new card it would be the 16-18 year olds one.

I need a card to buy things on from the App Store on my iPhone (my mums annoyed at me spending her money on iTunes when I could be spending my own). Also, during the Christmas holidays I'll have a job at the body shop so I'll be earning money that I want to save. I'll need a bank account to save my money on so can I open a new account with Barclays?

Read more: If Barclays cancelled my credit card, can I apply for a new one?