Sunday, September 7, 2014

Can the police help get my money?

I was offered to buy an IPhone 4s for 100$. When the girl who had it came to us, my girlfriend looked at the phone. It said insert SIM. The girl told her it just needed a SIM, it was unlocked, and nothing was wrong with it. Well, my boss came up to me and asked if I wanted to use his SIM to check it out after she had sold it to me and left the store. So I did, and it turns out the phone was still locked to another persons Apple ID and even with a SIM I can't access the phone. It's just trash practically. Then we found out (not 100% sure on this one though) it's an IPhone 4 not 4s. I'm really upset about this. This happened only a few hours ago and I pleaded in a nice way for a refund but eventually was ignored. I'm unsure what to do because I don't know that the cops would do anything about my money. We have multiple witnesses of the transaction and what she said and it is also on camera plain as day. Is there anyway to retrieve my money?

Read more: Can the police help get my money?