Monday, September 8, 2014

I got a ticket for watching a video while driving. Would I win if I disputed it?

I was watching a YouTube video while I had my iPhone attached to the top of my steering wheel by Velcro. The cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for "texting while driving," even though I wasn't actually texting, nor did he accuse me of that. He wrote "As I passed the driver I saw him watching a video on his phone as he held it on his steering wheel. He stated he didn't think it was distracting." He is wrong when he said I "held" it b/c it was attached by Velcro, and my 2 hand stayed on the wheel. He then stated it's illegal to use web-based applications while driving. This was in Gwinnett County, Georgia. Do you know of any valid arguments I could make to win? Otherwise I'll just pay the ticket and make sure it doesn't happen again. Polite answers only, and please don't switch the subject insulting me for this. I've learned. Thanks

Read more: I got a ticket for watching a video while driving. Would I win if I disputed it?