Thursday, October 2, 2014

Why do I receive poor wifi signal at my house?

I work out back in my shop not even 100ft away from my house and I cannot hold my wifi connection on my tablet or my iPhone. When I do it's only one bar, very slow, and sometimes it won't find my wifi signal at all. This has become a major problem for me because I work from home and I need my devices to function properly. My phone constantly turns over to use my LTE or 3G network and it's racked up 60+ in overage data charges for at least 6 months now. We just moved here if that makes any difference. Anyway I've called my cable company and they reset the connection and it did nothing, I switched cable company's and still the problem persists. Why this baffles me is because when I search available networks on my phone, my neighbors network has full bars that I could connect to but seeing that I don't have their password to join their connection That doesn't help. But it makes me wonder why I can recive full signal from their wifif and not mine when they are further then me then I am from my wifi box so it makes no sense. If I'm inside my house I get full bars. Any advice would be helpful

Read more: Why do I receive poor wifi signal at my house?