Saturday, November 8, 2014

EBay a--hole issue with buyer?

A little over a week ago, I sold an iPhone to somebody. All went well until last night where he just sent an email out of the blue 4 days after receiving the phone. He claims that it is broken and wants a refund. He doesn't say how it is broken and refuses to provide evidence and he said he took it to a T-mobile store.

I told him that I inspected the phone 2x- one at my friend's house (I'm selling the phone for him) before I took it, before I shipped it, and the USPS guy even inspected it before double wrapping it in a firm shipping bag. It is impossible that I sold the buyer a defective phone. Because I told him this, I told him also to make a claim with USPS. Basically, he was like "nah" and afterwards used eBay's request a refund service to ask for a refund.

So realistically, he is claiming that he has a broken phone that he can't prove is broken and wants money back for it without doing anything about it. He then basically said, "I will handle this with eBay thank you" then sent me three messages that all were the same random letters and characters within a 10-minute time period.

Since he said that he went to a store of his cell phone service and claimed that they said it "wasn't able to fix," I am going to call every store within 15 miles of his house to ask if a person with his name, address, or iPhone model came in to an employee between 3-7 November.

Any advice? There is no chance that I sent a bad phone.

Read more: EBay a--hole issue with buyer?