Sunday, August 23, 2015

I quit my job without notice? What now?


I'm 18 and a senior in high school. I've worked at my local mcdonald's since june 2014. I've been getting tired of it for the longest time, and today, I finally let them go. When they sent me on break, I of course got my last meal with my employee discount, ate it, then literally just left without notice. I also blocked there number from my iPhone, and I see a "blocked message" notification. I don't want to listen to it yet. So anyways, i know you're supposed to put in a two week notice or whatever but I am/was just so tired of it that i couldn't take it anymore. Will quitting this way effect me in the future?
Added (1). I will need a new job next summer before college.
Added (2). Plus, my boss misspelled my name in the computer when she hired me, so it's always been spelled wrong on my time punch receipts and my check. I worked there for 14 months, and after asking my boss kindly multiple times to correct my misspelled name, she never did. I'll find another job where they show their employees respect by spelling their name correctly.
Added (3). i honestly don't care how rude it was. Its rude to refuse to correct the spelling of your employees name. That's disrespect. What's also rude is the favoritism that went on there. I'm glad i'm out of there personally, and i think that i made the right decision. I'm always going to listen to what my gut tells me to do, because i believe what it's telling me is right.

Read more: I quit my job without notice? What now?