Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Using party chain function on Sony Speakers?


Hi guys,

Some experts are needed here!

I bought Sony speakers GTK-X1BT just recently. It has 1 function called party chain which it allows me to "connect multiple audio systems in a chain". So I try to connect my Sony speaker with my other non-party chain speaker. But the party chain function only works when I play music from my computer/iphone via Bluetooth. The set up is My computer/iphone (bluetooth) -> Sony (Party chain audio out) -> other speaker (audio in).

However, when I tried to connect my Sony to my computer or my DJ controller Pioneer Ergo V via audio cable, the music only come out the Sony speaker, not the other speaker. The set up is My computer/Pioneer Ergo V (master out) -> Sony (Party chain In) / (party chain out) -> other speaker (audio in).

The reason why I try to have Party chain by connect computer to Sony speaker via audio cable because when I use Bluetooth, there is a small delay when I do music mixing on my computer, let say I press play, a micro second later the music coming out of the speaker. Which really affects my mixing experience.

Could someone tell me is it something I do wrong, or it is just the way party chain works, only when playing music via Bluetooth?

Read more: Using party chain function on Sony Speakers?