Thursday, October 1, 2015

Strange whistling sound in my room?


For about a week there has been this irritating whistling sound I can hear only in my room, no other room in the house.

I can't locate where it is coming from, sometimes seems like the ceiling, closet, walls, windows idk. I can't pinpoint it's location.

It varies in length sometimes lasting 2 seconds sometimes up to 7 seconds. It sounds kind of like a whistle-not like a gym whistle but like a whistle in the wind if that makes sense. Sometimes it seems drawn out but then will stop suddenly as though cut off.

It's driving me insane! I need it to stop and identifying it would be step one. I'm trying to capture it on video but it's hard to time the recording since the noise occurs often but sporadically. Also my iPhone recorder picks up on mainly white noise and not the irritating sound when I try and record.

Idk, any ideas of what this could be? It's not super loud but it's not soft either. I know this is a vague description and ridiculous w/o audio but if this rings a bell… I'm thinking it must be some bug or cricket. ACK

Read more: Strange whistling sound in my room?