Wednesday, March 2, 2016

How to I restore my new iPhone after it is set up?


I switched carriers (from Sprint to T-Mobile) and kept the same IPhone model just different phones (iPhone 6s). I understand that it gives you the option when you re setting the phone up initially with the basic prompts to set up as new phone or restore using iCloud backup. The thing is, I am not able to choose the iPhone backup I already have saved because it needs iOS 9.2 or higher. This cannot be accomplished until after I set up the phone and can choose to do the software update from the iOS 9.1 to 9.2. I tried resetting my phone already and it always gives me the same prompt (backup requires iOS 9.2 or higher).

My phone is set up as a new phone, but I want to restore it using iCloud backup.

Read more: How to I restore my new iPhone after it is set up?