Sunday, March 26, 2017

I accidentally clicked on one of those gift card scams, I don't know what to do?

About three or more weeks ago I clicked on this gift card scam on an app called Amino. I received a message from someone or a bot pretending to be the app and it gave me a link to receive a gift card. I clicked the link (stupid, I know) And I was on the link for a minute or two. I didn't give any info or anything. The account I had on the app was set up with my email account, which had been deleted prior to me receiveing the message. This may have been before or after me clicking the link, but sometimes when I went back on it, a post would have been liked by me, that I know I didn't like, it was only one and it happened rarely so it may be a glitch. I deleted my account a few days back and you can restore your account (I have a few times), but I won't do it anymore. I was wondering if they could steal any of my info or put malware onto my phone. I have an iPhone by the way. Nothing has really happened since I clicked the link, but I did connect my phone to the computer and a few days later my computer wouldn't allow some files to be opened, something about the dns serves and an error module. This was later resolved within a day and no software protectors on my computer found malware or viruses. So what is the likliness that I caught a virus, malware, or even got hacked?

Read more: I accidentally clicked on one of those gift card scams, I don't know what to do?