Sunday, May 20, 2018

My mom cheated on my (now deceased) dad, and i'm the only person who knows?

To give some info, my father died of cancer when i was eleven, and he was in and out of the hospital for most of my life. (i'm a sixteen y/o girl, youngest of five) my parents always had a loving relationship (married 25 years) and stuck together even through hard times. I was hanging out with my mom and i used her phone to google something because she asked me to, and when i opened her phone it was at her texts & she had written a a long passage to her 'boyfriend' (this is in quotes because they used to date, got into a fight and date on and off now). Her phone froze on the screen because it's an older iphone and it's slow and i read the message. Apparently they've been in a relationship for ten years, even though she introduced us to him a year ago under the guise of meeting a few months before at work. If you do the math, they were in a relationship for five years before my dad died. In addition, she has been coming home way later than usual under the guise of having extra work but she has actually been seeing him secretly (also in the message). I know i shouldn't have read what was on the screen so i'm at fault, but what do i even do? I understand that my dad was sick and couldn't exactly be the 'model husband' all the time but to cheat is just unthinkable. Should i confront her? Should i tell my siblings? What do i do i'm so confused and upset.

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/my-mom-cheated-on-my-now-deceased-dad-and-i-m-the-only.html