Thursday, August 16, 2018

IPhone cable got wet please help (got shocked, scared to use)?

I bought a charger from Target 2 weeks ago so it's not from an Apple Store. Today I grabbed My charger from my room and carried a cup of water in the same hand, a couple drops descended onto the part plugged into the port and another drop onto the part that plugs into the phone.
I took Off the port and dried it with a napkin as well as the plug in parts and plugged it into the wall. As soon as I plugged In my phone my home button started to shock me (like when you touch a metal railing or car door) each time I touched it. I unplugged My phone and the port from the wall and let it rest.
A couple hours later I asked My friend to try it for me and see if she would get shocked by my phone being plugged in and she didn't! I didn't Either and continued to charge my phone.
I'm Scared thought to leave it plugged in at night or use it for a long time in case it starts a fire or I get shocked and die or something.

Should I just Get a new charger or continue using it if there's no problems? If you were in my situation what would you do?

Thanks!

Read more: https://iphoneus.org/faq/iphone-cable-got-wet-please-help-got-shocked-scared-to.html