Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Coworker conflict: Should I address my manager?

A coworker whom I normally get along with called me today in the form of a prank, pretending to be from a morgue from my town, stating that there had been an incident involving a death of a member of my family. Then she laughed about it, said she was joking around and asked me to cover her shift. She actually thought she was being funny but I took it seriously and was completely enraged and shocked at her level of maturity. I texted her explaining that there was a line between joking around and just being plain stupid, and she had no right to do what she did and to NEVER contact me again for any favors regarding work. She texted back saying that I needed to take a joke. I am contemplating whether or not to speak to my manager about what happened because she DID call me regarding work. Not only was I angry but also emotional because my grandmother passed away a few weeks ago. I know the difference between a joke and just being an a**. Should I tell my manager what happened? I could show him our convo through my iphone.
>>> Coworker conflict: Should I address my manager?