Thursday, August 1, 2013

I dropped my iPhone 4S in water but.?

It still works; it was submerged for about 3 seconds (if that) and as soon as I got it out I dried it off with a towel. I didn't know to turn it off but I wasn't using it until I got home, and it worked fine. I decided to test it out and I turned it off and on, but the normal loading screen didn't show up, it just looked glitchy. I took this as a bad sign but when I actually got to using it (it did take just a little bit longer to start up) it works perfectly.

Aside from the power off/on thing, it seems to be working fine, I backed up all my information onto my laptop just in case, too. The water damage indicator in the headset jack and the power cord jack isn't red from what I can tell, everything is still white… I had the phone in a wallet style case, so I'm sure that helped, but still. I removed the sim card and it was dry but I dried it again with a cloth anyways, but I can't open the entire iPhone to check the battery right now.

I've heard of people dropping their iPhones in water and they working afterwards but succumbing to water corrosion later on; I don't want this to happen, and I'm wondering what I can do to prevent it, or possibly if there's some way for me to determine whether I'm even at risk of this happening? I've heard of the rice/saline packet tricks, but I don't have either at the moment and I don't know when I can get them next.

What do you suggest I do? Am I worrying over nothing? I know Apple warranty doesn't cover water damage, so, worst case scenario, what happens if my phone DOES become unusable? Will I have to pay full price for another one, or can I just send it in to repair the corroded parts?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just really want to know what my options are here because I'm kind of occupied at the moment (as far as dealing with this situation goes). I really appreciate any insight into my situation, thank you!
Added (1). Again, I don't have rice at the moment and I'm not sure how to check if it's dry on the inside; I know you have to take it apart but I can't do that right now

См. статью: I dropped my iPhone 4S in water but.?