Friday, November 22, 2013

Called the cops (unreliable) need public assistance?

A weird situation happened to me this morning and I need somebody's help that knows what they're talking about. I was sleeping and my mom comes into the room and wakes me up saying she got a phone call from some random number with a voice recording of my exact voice pretending to be me. Note that the voice was exactly my voice so it was a voice recording that must have only been recorded by tapping into one of my phone calls. Somebody's clearly out to get us, it must be a scam of some sort.
I called the cops told them that exact story and they said they couldn't track the number since the guy didn't "threat" me, I ended up filing a report and we called it "harassment". Now when I tried to call the number back, I realised that it was a "textme" app phone number.So the person was calling from an iPhone/Android "textme" app and trying not to be caught. I tried making an account on it and searching the number but couldn't find the scammers account so he either deleted it or idk.
Anyways it would help if somebody here can answer me one of these questions:
1.Is there any possible way to get this person in trouble for something other than harassment?
2.Is there any possible way to track this number? I have the exact time the person called and the phone number (it wasn't private) even though it was an app phone number.
Thank you for your time everyone
Added (1). 3. This also means that my phone may be tapped, anybody know a way to get rid of that or check if it is?

См. статью: Called the cops (unreliable) need public assistance?