Saturday, November 23, 2013

Slip and Fall Case: Need Guidance?

Okay, So I was shopping with my fiance at Target. I hit clear water on the floor in the frozen section. I hit the floor (first my knee, then natural reaction use other foot to get up, well that hit water too so i feel again on my back lol). Anyhow, My fiance, some random guy, and a target employee witnessed it and the cameras. The employee literally said 'Oh sht, I told them about that days ago!". They took a report, blah blah, Broke my cell phone too, kinda sad about that now I'm back to my old android and I had just got that Iphone. Anways, the guess reporting investigated and told me the issue was reported almost a week prior to the refrigeration contractor. Apparently condensation had been leaking on the floor prior from a broken seal or faulty condenser coil. The report from the hospital and my doctor say "sprained hip, sprained back, sprained wrist, pulled some ligament in my knee, and sprained knee" nothing needed surgery just pain med (don't take i hate them) and anti inflam med and they did a sport medicine treatment of my knee.My entire medical bills came out to around 3 thousand and my phone is 550. I was also out of work for 4 days costing me an additional 1000.So 4550 is what I am out basically, plus gas and prescription cost, time, pain ect. There are a few lawyers who want me to sue them. However Target has said they will offer settlement. I really don't want to sue someone, but I don't know what I should ask for. I want 7 grand even so I can pay off my bills and my car and i'll just wait on a new phone or use my car note to buy it. What should I take as there offer? Is 7k too much? The lawyer who spoke to me was talking about 20k and that seems high. Any advice?

См. статью: Slip and Fall Case: Need Guidance?