Sunday, August 10, 2014

Iphone linked with car bluetooth won't play music?

Hi!

First, I'd like to say thank you to anyone who can help me in advance. Now here's my situation, I have a 2013 VW Passat and an Iphone 5s, which has been updated to iOS 7.1.2. I can successfully connect my iphone to the bluetooth in my car. My car can access my contacts and all that good stuff, what I'm concerned with is that it will not play my music.

When I connect my phone to the car's bluetooth I am given the option for music, so I say music. I then say play. I can see on my actual phone that my music is playing because instead of the play symbol it will display a pause symbol and the time for the song begins counting up as the song plays. However, NO sound will come out of my car speakers nor my phone itself. Also, once I say play my car will switch from "phone" mode to "aux" mode. I'm not sure if this is normal but what do I know?

So, it seems as though everything is in working order BUT my car doesn't want to play the music aloud?

Please let me know if you need any more information to be of assistance. Again, thank you to all who can lend a helping hand.

I hope you are all having a great evening/day.

Read more: Iphone linked with car bluetooth won't play music?