Sunday, October 12, 2014

Dropped my iPhone 5c in the toilet last night. Advice?

Hi, I have the iPhone 5c which fell into the toilet last night. I grabbed it right away and tried to dry it out with towel at first. I pressed the lock button to see if it still turned on (which I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do), and it worked. Then, after that it stopped working. It's almost like my phone is powered off because the sound is on and I haven't heard any notifications.

About 5 minutes after dropping my phone in the toilet, I found a bag of rice and suck my phone their for a couple hours (still didn't power on afterwards). Went home from the party and stuck my phone in the rice bag for another 8 hours (left it overnight). And nothing again

Any suggestions? Tricks that you've done? I also have insurance with Sprint for my iPhone 5c, does anyone know how much the deductible would be if I had to take it in?

I was also thinking about calling the sprint insurance hotline to repair phones and telling them that my phone does not power back on, the speakers don't work, or some apple excuse and ship it in. Will they say anything anything? I don't know…

Read more: Dropped my iPhone 5c in the toilet last night. Advice?