Sunday, October 12, 2014

How to turn off tumblr app data?

I have the tumblr app downloaded on my iPhone 5s, and for a while it never sent me any notifications or anything. I looked at it every now and then when I had wifi and I've always kept the data switch turned off for the app. In the past few months, however, it has been sending me notifications whether I'm in a wifi area or not. If I open the app in an area where I don't have wifi, it will let me scroll through and look at the page and even refresh. I've tried turning the data off and back on again and tried restarting my phone, but it still sends me notifications and is likely the culprit of my higher-than-normal data usage.
Under the Notification Center settings for tumblr, I don't have banners or alerts enabled. I have the badge app icon, sounds, Show in Notification Center, and Show on Lock Screen choices enabled. However, I don't get any badges or sounds and the banners appear anyway. What is going on? Why are the settings so jumbled and how can I really turn off the data usage for the app so it stops sucking my data? If I just disable all these notifications will it really stop it from using data or will it continue to use it in the background?

Read more: How to turn off tumblr app data?