Sunday, November 16, 2014

Has my iphone short circuited? Can i repair it from water damage?

Last night my phone fell in the toilet. I immediately got it out and put toilet paper over the ends and sucked to try and get the water out. I was then out for a while, i turned my phone off but then needed to turn it on again to find my friends to get home. The screen took a long time to load (kept switching between the apple and black) but it used to do that quite a bit anyway. It did have what looked like water in the screen. Like from the top to middle of the screen

When i got home a put it in a plastic bag with rice but did not cover much of it. I also plugged it in to charge which I now Know was a bad idea.
Today i have moved it too a box filled with rice but i cannot get the sim card out (i dont have the little key thing at uni with me) and when it eventually turned on was saying no signal and it said it was charging but did not change from 4%.
1. Has it short circuited (pretty sure if so thats it)
2. Is there anything else i can do/am i doing the right thing?
Please help!

Read more: Has my iphone short circuited? Can i repair it from water damage?