Sunday, November 16, 2014

Will apple warranty cover whatever happen to my iphone 6+ while charging? Read for more?

I lost the charger that came with the phone and resorted to using an old piece of cr*p from a blackberry phone. It did the job but my iphone 6 plus was taking like 10 hours to charge. I don't even sleep ten hours.

I looked up online why it was taking so long and everyone was telling me to buy a charger with more amps so I bought a 3amp charger and my phone started charging in just two hours which was great. So I thought more amps the better. I went on Amazon and found a USB power cable adapter which had usb on one end and one of those circular plugs on the other end to plug into adapters. Then I bought on of those male to female adapters.

I had a 20amp powersupply at 16v from an old amplifier. I plugged in the powersupply, then the usb cable, then the gender reversing adapter, then the iphone cord, and plugged it into my phone. The screen got hilariously bright and it was charging. I could actually see the percentage going up and the phone was getting really hot which I know means it is charging good. I thought I made a great invention until I heard a pop and smoke came from the phone.

Will apple cover this?

Read more: Will apple warranty cover whatever happen to my iphone 6+ while charging? Read for more?