Sunday, November 16, 2014

How to get my daughter to accept my new husband?

I'm having problems with my 14 year old daughter Paris, she won't accept my husband (her step-father, Ollie) we have been together for 4 years.
I was in a very unhappy relationship with Paris's father whom I had 2 children with, Paris and a son Bradley, he gets on with Ollie really well. I cheated on my ex-husband with Ollie and Paris just hasn't forgiven me. Her father was abusive and controlling and I needed to get out of.
Ollie's trying his best to get Paris to accept, he's even got her a Saturday job where he works, he'll do anything to help her out. A few weeks ago he even brought her the iPhone 6 for her birthday.
She even refused to go to our wedding, Ollie and I have a 2 week old baby girl, Amelia and she's being the same with her, she refuses to help me with her, she hasn't even given her baby sister a cuddle!
We've tried counselling and she refused to go. I'm at the end of my tether. All I want is my Paris back.

Please help!
Added (1). I had to get married without my little girl there, it really upsets me. I haven't hidden anything from her, she knows all about my abusive marriage with her father, she's still being horrible.

Read more: How to get my daughter to accept my new husband?