Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Should i feel bad for being rich?

i constantly feel bad for being rich. All my peers are considered "unwealthy" and live in small flats. I live in a house that is quite big with marble floor and a lift. I have just moved to this house and it is for rent so we can’t make changes. Whenever friends come over they gasp and talk as if they have just entered a palace (whoa) I constantly think " why should i live in a massive house whilst there are people who are starving"Along with the house everyone in my family has iphones (my dad and brother have the 6 and my mum has the 4) and as soon as someone asks for something they get it. Also when i go out with friends my parents give me double the amount i should have even when i ask for less ( i really appreciate this but i feel bad because i feel i don't deserve it and that there are people who really need the money.) Back to my house, it doesn't feel homely at all and as soon as i enter i keep feeling like i'm a typical spoilt brat entering a rich family;s house and that my family are like strangers. I used to live in a nice cosy flat and i loved it and felt at home and close to my family but now i've moved to this house that seems like a typical snobby rich families house. I appreciate everything and i have manners and i don't act like a spoilt brat but people always think of me as "the rich kid" and i always feel bad. Most of the day i just say to myself “you are a spoilt brat” Please let me know your opinion. What should i do? How should i feel?

Read more: Should i feel bad for being rich?