Monday, March 9, 2015

Is the Mensa Brain Test legitimate?

I've recently came across the app "Mensa Brain Test" - which I've downloaded and used.
It is an iPhone/Android app that helps to give users a prediction of their IQ scores (https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/mensa-brain-test/id387692731?mt=8).
However, when I checked their leaderboards, there's hundreds of people who achieved higher than 160, which isn't practically possible.

So, my question is, is it that the application is flawed/inaccurate? Or is the people using it just somewhat "cheated" (by doing the test many times, etc.)?

Note: This application is provided by Mensa, and the questions in it is real, past questions from Mensa. There are many, but limited questions, so it is possible to come across the same questions if you do it many times.

Thanks:) (I'll make sure I'll choose a best answer).

Read more: Is the Mensa Brain Test legitimate?