Friday, June 12, 2015

How to move forward from this loss?


I was in a works premiere production with a prestigious ballet company. I was so excited to be a part of it. I'd had a rough year, but it didn't matter anymore because of this opportunity.

I walked to Sephora to pick up my makeup palette, as all dancers do their own makeup. I used to share because I couldn't afford my own. Now I could!

I took out my iPhone to see if I looked presentable before going into the theater, and I'd never seen myself so gorgeous. I just wanted to hold onto that moment! So I snapped a picture and was delighted with joy!

Well, something happened with my phone and the photo got deleted. I'm so sad:( I never look good like that because I'm ways running around somewhere. Now it's gone forever:(. I feel so down, as if the height of my joy in that process was taken away from me. I worked do hard to make it that far, including dealing with parents who made fun of my dream, injuries, and more. O How do I make peace with this?

Read more: How to move forward from this loss?