Friday, June 12, 2015

Is it illegal to pay for an iPhone UDID registration under someone else's Developer Account?

Where I work, apparently it's against the workplace policy to have a beta version of iOS installed on a personal device. I had installed iOS 9 on my phone, and somehow my managers found out. They asked how I got it, and according to them, they say that me paying to register my UDID is illegal. All I found online is a note that states that it's only illegal to sell/distribute the UDID registration/software. Is me paying for UDID registration illegal?

Pre-release software is Apple Confidential Information. Unauthorized distribution of pre-release software or disclosure of information relating to pre-release software (including the distribution of screen shots) May result in immediate termination of your membership Apple Developer Program, and May Subject You to civil and criminal liability Both.â€Â

Read more: Is it illegal to pay for an iPhone UDID registration under someone else's Developer Account?