Monday, November 23, 2015

Traditionalists: How do I get better at being the person who makes all the choices in my household?


Recently, my wife and I had a deep discussion about our life together and have come to the conclusion that all this liberal dogma about marriage and how it's "supposed to be in the 21st century" just doesn't coincide with our mutual beliefs. We still respect what the leftists are trying to create for themselves, but this lifestyle just wasn't meant for us. Apparently my marriage has always been very Conservative; I was just convinced that it was the "wrong way to do marriage" by the liberal media.

But now I have a different problem. I lack the confidence in myself, as a husband/leader, to guide my family into a great future… I am so unsure of myself that I question EVERYTHING before I make a final decision. And when I make that final decision, everything goes well and I realize that I just didn't need to overthink it… I'm not proud of this, I just value my family's happiness too much.

I've read that self doubt is the result of a creative, fluid brain with a vivid imagination. I don't want to lose my creativity though; I just need to make faster decisions and have faith in myself (but how?). For an example: when I need to buy a phone, I don't want to "just buy an iPhone"; I want to make a quality decision for my family since I feel they deserve more than JUST "what everyone else has". But this also leads to my overthinking and perfectionism too…

How do I find that balance between making quality decisions and ruminating over the PERFECT decision?
Added (1). Just because I'm asking a question that isn't filled with drama doesn't mean it doesn't belong in Marriage & Divorce. This is very much a marriage problem. I don't care if your leftist values believes that All marriages should be equal with shared responsibilities; that is a personal belief and that has nothing to do with me. You imposing your beliefs on me is why I had all these problems in the first place… So, help me with this IN Marriage & Divorce. The liberal life isn't for everyone.

Read more: Traditionalists: How do I get better at being the person who makes all the choices in my household?