Monday, January 11, 2016

Does it cost extra to use the dictation feature on your iPhone for text messages and email?


I own an iPhone 6. Its brand new and just got it a few days ago.

I was using the dictation feature to send an email and message a friend since they were long and I still wasn't use to the keyboard yet.

Another friend of mine saw me doing this and said to be careful because using the dication for anything costs extra then using the keyboard to type the message.

I think he has to be messing around with me because that sounds really silly to do.

But before I use it anymore I just want to check. I couldn't find any information about this when I looked online so I thought I'd ask here.

I have 10GB of cellular data a month.

Do I have to pay extra for using the dictation feature for email and text messages?

Or do I get charged the same as if it was a typed in message and I get no extra fees so long as I don't go beyond my 10GB cellular data limit?

Read more: Does it cost extra to use the dictation feature on your iPhone for text messages and email?