Friday, March 17, 2017

Can you legally take a phone that has gone unclaimed?

I work in the reception area of an office building and manage the lost and found. About four months ago, someone found an Iphone 7 outside the door of the building and dropped it off. No one tried to call the phone. I saw there were a number of reminders for different meetings in the building, and I called several different departments to see if anyone had been missing a phone. No one has claimed it, and I was going to take it to the apple store to see if they can determine who it belongs to. If no one claims it, can I simply have it?
Added (1). I talked to my supervisor, and there is no official "company policy" regarding lost and found items. I was told to do what I think is best.

Read more: Can you legally take a phone that has gone unclaimed?