Friday, March 24, 2017

Is YouTube listening to my conversations?

The other day me and my dad were watching Ip Man 3 and we talked about the one-inch punch afterwards. Then the next morning YouTube recommends me a video of Bruce Lee giving a demonstration of how the one-inch punch works. I never look up anything martial arts related at all on Google or on YouTube. I usually only watch videos on politics and finances. Another time I was talking about how one of my family members looked like a specific actor, then YouTube recommended me a video of the actor on a podcast a few hours later. Once again, I never looked up anything related to the actor at all. So is this just a coincidence or is it possible that my IPhone/YouTube is listening to me in order to "enhance my experience".

Read more: Is YouTube listening to my conversations?