Saturday, July 15, 2017

Grandpa messed up my iPhone 6s Plus when trying to fix the screen. Read details please how much would it cost to fix it. Pic in comments

I dropped my phone on the corner, and it broke the screen. Instead of just taking it in and getting it fixed, my grandfather insisted on fixing it himself in hopes that it'd be cheaper than paying $150. I had to agree because he bought me the phone for my birthday. However, mr. DIY didn't have a clue what he was doing except from some YouTube videos. And fix it yourself kit instructions. He bought the kit to replace the screen, for $40 and accidentally ripped one of the ribbons inside of the iPhone 6s Plus when he was trying to replace the screen. He didn't replace the screen back on correctly so now there's a little space between the frame and the phone at the top. I could handle the space though because my case would hide it. HOWEVER; the colors don't seem as contrast, and HD as they use to be. Also, there's a tiny piece of dust in my front camera where he decided to keep my phone wide open for three days and didn't think to make sure there was no dust inside before placing the non-cracked screen into place. I don't need a screen replacement but I'm wondering what they might charge at Verizon or apple to take off the screen clean the camera and place it back on correctly? Or would I just have to pay the $150 because of the color and a potential "wrong" ribbon issue? I've added a picture of the screen now that it's "fixed" in the comments.

Read more: Grandpa messed up my iPhone 6s Plus when trying to fix the screen. Read details please how much would it cost to fix it. Pic in comments