Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Is my iPhone fried/dead?

I have an iPhone 5C that I haven't used in over a year due to the screen getting cracked too badly. Around that time iTunes was able to recognize it. (keep in mind there's no screen on it) , now fast forward several months later. I have been thinking about using it again because before all it needed was a new screen and it would have been up and running, but now when I plug it in nothing happens and I've let it stay on the charger for long periods of time. I thought the charging port might have been the culprit, but now I know power is getting to the board because the CPU is kind of warm, that doesn't just naturally happen if it's dead with no power getting to it, can someone enlighten me and give me some advice maybe? I know I haven't said a lot of info, but this is all I can give. I thought maybe since the CPU is heating up that there's power entering into it, but maybe there's a boot loop happening and maybe that's why iTunes isn't recognizing it and without the screen and home button I can't tell. Any advice would be great.

Read more: Is my iPhone fried/dead?