Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Should I give up on owning a cell phone?

I feel just like the guy in this YouTube video.

I feel like my smartphone is ruining my life.

I want a basic phone, so I pulled out my old basic phone and it no longer works because my carrier no longer supports 2G in my area.

My carrier only offers one LTE flip phone, with Wi-Fi, internet and a huge screen, which is obviously what don't want in a phone.

But I want to be able to make phone calls and text and to have a phone with me for in case of emergencies.

It looks like I basically have to get an iPhone, put parental controls on it and restrict everything and then throw away the password since basic phones now come with about as much internet capability as smartphones and the Android phones are easy to get past the parental controls.

I also need to be able to call to and from Mexico on occasion. Which is another reason why I don't want to be carrying around an expensive phone (I could get mugged).

What should I do?
Added (1).

Read more: Should I give up on owning a cell phone?