Thursday, July 20, 2017

My iPhone 6 Says Headphones Are Plugged In When They Aren t?

So today when I went to play some music on my phone, and no sound came out. Frustrated, I tried closing the app and reopening it, trying different music apps, YouTube videos, but alas, nothing.
I then swiped up the control menu, and it said the headphones were plugged in, but they weren t. So I tried doing a hard reset (where you hold down the home and power button) but that didn't fix it.
I got a torch and shone it in to see if there was any dust or lint, but the headphone jack was clean as usual. I got my headphones and plugged them in, and the music played through them fine, but when I unplugged them, it said they were still plugged in, and the music still didn't work.
I've tried heaps of things, unplugging then replugging the headphones, twisting the headphones in the jack to see if that was the issue, I've hard reset it over five times now, and nothing is working.
The phone is in brand new condition, I've never dropped
it, it has no cracks or dents, and I've kept it in a wallet case it's entire life.
The only potential cause I can think of was that my phone was in my pocket at work and there was a storm, and I work outdoors. My phone was in my pocket and the phone and pocket was dry (waterproof jacket) so I thought I should rule this out as a cause?

Any help or suggestions on what to do would be really appreciated, I want to try and avoid going to Apple as I live rural and don't really want to be in a situation without my iPhone.
Cheers

Read more: My iPhone 6 Says Headphones Are Plugged In When They Aren t?