Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Internet on my laptop is not working?

So here's the thing.
The Internet on my laptop (Dell XPS 17, Win 7) is not working. Yet, all the other wifi enabled devices in my home are. E. g.iPad, Apple Mac, iPhone, HP Desktop.
I have tried everything to my knowledge to try and fix the problem and I have run out of ideas.
Things I have tried are: Trouble shooting, shutting down and restarting, direct connection through Ethernet, deleting some unwanted programs, trying to access modem IP from browser (and failing).
I should also mention that it is picking up and connecting to my wifi, it just has a small little "!" inside a triangle (I'm pretty sure it's called a "caution sign" I just didn't know for sure so I described it).

Could someone please help, it's been like this for 3 days now and it's becoming an inconvenience.
>>> The Internet on my laptop is not working?