Sunday, February 10, 2013

Do i need a router or a modem?

Wireless or wired? i'm confused! ok-right now, i have wireless internet,
from comcast.the modem or router thing, i rent from them at $7 bucks,
is in my living room, and my pc is in my room, hooked up to my hdtv.
how, ever-i'm tired of paying comcast the extra $7 dollars a month!
so, i'm thinking about buying the "Motorola SB6141 DOCSIS modem".

i want to have a WIRED internet connection, and be able to share
that "wired connection" to my old '2006' pc, apple tv, wireless printer,
and an iphone 5. BTW..the pc will be DEAD soon, until, i can afford
another one! so, i'll only have the apple tv, printer and iphone, to connect.

do i need a wireless or wired modem, or wireless/wired router?
i appreciate your help.thanks.
>>> Do i need a router or a modem?