Saturday, April 20, 2013

Drives no longer recognized on usb?

I have two front usb ports on my pc. One of them is used for my backup 1tb drive while the other is shared between my iphone, usb file transfers and another drive. I've been using it like this for over six years now. Occasionally I'll have a new device like a card reader or another phone or camera that I plug in without ever having problems.

Today I bought a usb fan as well as a cheap little 4 usb hub. I'm pretty sure it's the usb hub causing problems because it worked for a while when I first tested it with a usb flash drive but then it just stopped. The PC cannot recognize it.

Anyway I tried it on both usb ports and it didn't work. Now I try to plug in my backup 1tb and i hear a connect sound but I can't access it.It shows up on the "safely remove hardware" thing on the lower right corner but I can't acces it. I've tried activating it on Disk Management but it doesn't seem to have worked.

См. статью: Drives no longer recognized on usb?