Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Should I ask for this car for graduation?

I don't ask for much. I bought my iPod Touch myself back in 8th grade, and my iPhone last year, my junior year. I wouldn't say I'm spoiled, but I'm very blessed. I still have my father's parents, and they're absolutely wonderful. Everyone treats me really well.

My grandma took me to look at used cars the other day (Certified Pre-Owned).There was a really nice 2010 Jetta S there. I drove it around the parking lot, and it's really a great car, I love how it drives and everything. I mentioned that my parents probably wouldn't want me to get it, and she suggested that she and my grandpa could probably help me out with it.It's $13, 440. I know--that's expensive. But I have a job, I would pay for gas, and I'm going to service it regularly so It'll last a long time.

I told her I would feel bad if i asked for such an expensive car if i couldn't pay for it myself, and she said, "Everyone needs help when theyre first getting started. I guess your parents need to be reminded of that." So I think she really wants to help me.

Here's the car info:
-Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen Jetta S.
-$13, 440 (about 1, 000 less than the Kelley Blue Book value for the car).
-It is 3 years old with about 31, 200 miles on it.
-The Carfax statement says there's been no structural damage to the car and there's also been no record of any accidents that the car's been in.
-Just looking around at the car, it looks like it's in excellent condition.

I need a car before I get my job back next month. I don't have my license yet but I just have to do behind the wheel and then I can get it after that.So what are your opinions? What should I do? I know I'm 17 but I'm pretty responsible. You may think this car is expensive but the people at my school get brand-new BMWs and Mustangs and such for their first cars.

См. статью: Should I ask for this car for graduation?