Thursday, May 9, 2013

Are you really a Christian if you are always wanting material things?

My in-laws are Pentecostal. The women wear skirts and dresses, they do not believe in jewelry and they don't wear make up or cut/dye their hair.
I'm in no way talking bad about their denomination, I'm just curious.My brother in law and sister in law only wears name brand clothing. Like at Christmas they asked their mom to take back their 'Columbia brand' jacket because they wanted 'northface brand' cause its "better" they said. Also every time the lasted iphone comes out, they are the first ones at the store to buy it.
I'm confused because I feel that yes God will bless you with the desires of your heart and we should have nice things. But i feel like we shouldn't spend tons of money on materials we don't need. I thought there was nothing wrong with having a Columbia jacket, its half the price of the northface. You could have bought 4 Columbia jackets for the price of the 2 northface, and donated the other 2 to kids who don't have a jacket.
In my heart, I feel like God wants us to give and help people who need it. Not clothe ourselves in the finest brands.

См. статью: Are you really a Christian if you are always wanting material things?