Thursday, September 5, 2013

Microwaved iPhone - Any chance of repair?

OK, so I was totally drunk and in no fit state of mind… and had lost my iphone charger, and needed to charge my iphone.

I looked online to see if there was anyway I could charge it, using some other kind of cable etc. (I've had success with this in the past with other older kind of phones so thought there may be something.

But anyway, I saw a few suggestions of putting it in a microwave for a few seconds, and for some stupid reason I actually tried it.

I managed to open the microwave door after just a few seconds, but it was crackling and sparking, and some of the plastic bits around the side of the screen have melted and changed shape.

it doesn't turn on, and is extremely annoying.It has all sorts of important info on it, as well as pictures of the holiday I just came back from yesterday, and all the usual numbers, notes etc etc. I'm also absolutely skint at the moment and definitely cannot afford a new one.

Is there any possible way it might be repairable? May it just require a new battery, or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

См. статью: Microwaved iPhone - Any chance of repair?