Tuesday, December 3, 2013

How to turn off Netgear r6300 router wireless internet?

Hello there,

I have a Netgear r6300 router and I am currently living with my roommate. We both have Xbox 360's except his is wired and mine is wireless. I am tech savvy so feel free to get technical in the responses. Basically what is happening is he has made it so only his wired connection works and my wireless connection won't. I have tried connecting my laptop wirelessly as well and it won't connect, but the second I plug it into the r6300 with an ethernet cable it immediately begins working.

Just some further details: I have the router login and there aren't any settings I can see that would alter me not being able to connect. The SSID is still broadcasting, but it won't allow me to connect to it at all unless it's wired (it won't even let me connect wirelessly to configure to router). My roommate some how used his iPhone 4S to set it to this state while we were playing. We both have the router login. So I've decided to turn to Yahoo. Time to get a new roommate right?

Long story short: Can connect and access the internet with wired connection. Cannot even connect to SSID on wireless connection right now.

Please help and feel free to ask questions in your responses if I'm not providing enough detail.
Added (1). @NERV Agent: The WIFI password in the settings hasn't been changed so I'm sure we're using the correct one. Thanks.

@Hayden: I have tried this on multiple computers and a couple of xbox 360s so the wireless adapters aren't bad (plus, they connect to my phone on mobile hotspot). I know I can reset it, but I'd like to know how to solve this just in case it happens in the future.

См. статью: How to turn off Netgear r6300 router wireless internet?