Monday, April 14, 2014

How to get over my teenage depression/nostalgia?

I'm 14. I've been in high school for almost a year, And well, it sucks. I stress out over the workload I get every single night, I lost many friends, and technology has taken over my life. About 2 months ago I had a dream where I was 9 years old and 10 years old and it was summer and I was hanging out with all of the friends I now long for. There was no workload during these times so there was not a care in the world, and the only source of technology I had was my flip phone, which was of course only used to keep in touch with my parents. Many other small factors seemed to play a role in that dream such as the ringtone I had on my phone, and a song that I always used to listen to when I was nine and ten. And ever since I had that dream I have longed to go back to my 9 year old self, and have even cried about it a few times. Back to when all I had was a flip phone and not an iPhone or a laptop, and an xbox. Back to when every weekend me and my old pals used to go to the local park to play wiffleball, football, etc. Back to when I used to have those old pals as friends. Back to when the workload didn't keep me awake until one in the morning, back when my friends and I used to sit in the park and listen to that song, and back to when I was a carefree kid with no responsibilities and wasnt exposed to the harsh reality of this world. Please I need advice so I can not be so depressed anymore. And please nothing mean like "get over it." I've tried doing so but it didn't work. Help!

Read more: How to get over my teenage depression/nostalgia?